Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Save the Date: Put on Purple for Lupus

Hello everyone!



There is so much going on this month that I nearly forgot to mention that May is Lupus Awareness Month! Lupus is an autoimmune disease in which the body attacks itself causing patients to get all kinds of sick - kidney problems, joint problems, hair loss, respiratory problems, etc. The disease does not discriminate and affects all patients differently from mild symptoms to severe. 

For those of you that don't know, I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus in July 2010. If you'd like to read my story, please click here.

Six years later, I am doing well, though my labs aren't super super great, I do the best I can and hope for the best. All I can do, I suppose.

Every year in May, there is a "Put on Purple for Lupus" day. May 20th is the designated day and purple is the designated color for Lupus awareness. This works out great because I love purple! LOL. So how lucky am I?!

So, if you can, or know of anyone with Lupus, please participate in putting on purple in support of Lupus Awareness. 

And take a moment to read my past post on "Put on Purple for Lupus" where I explain more about why putting on purple can start a revolution in Lupus world.

One little step can cause a ripple effect of massive change.

I hope you can remember to Put on Purple for Lupus on May 20th. 

(credit: www.mdjunction.com)


Xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment