Thursday, September 22, 2016

Summer 2016 Favorites

Oh my word!! Fall is here ya'll!! I am sooo excited but also so sad to see summer go. Time goes by so fast, I want it to slow down and enjoy whatever is left of my youth. LOL.

Like in seasons past, new favorites are discovered and old favorites resurface. Not too many beauty items this time around probably because when it's summer and hella hot, I wear less and less makeup.

Here are the loves of my summer:

COVERGIRL LASHBLASH PLUMPIFY MASCARA


( credit : www.ulta.com )


I went to dinner with a friend of mine and loved her lashes. She always has great lashes but that dinner, they were more va va voom! She was using the CoverGirl LashBlast Plumpify mascara. I got myself one and loved it! It really accentuates and extends my really long lashes. I am not the best at applying mascara but something about the wand allowed me to easily fan out my lashes to give them shape comparable to falsies <3


SHEET MASK



Sheet masks have been my jam! One of my favorite Youtubers +AprilAthena7  / Youtube AprilAthena7 is the queen of sheet masks and she actually got me on the boat! During the summer, sheet masks have been the greatest thing! The coldness of the sheet mask on my face when it's 90 degrees out was the most settling and amazing feeling right before bed.
I am not sure if they actually do what they say they do. I just really love the sensation. I get my sheet masks at Daiso. They come 3 in a pack for $1.50. I also get masks at Ulta when they are on clearance.


ZUMBA!
( credit : www.clipartion.com )

I have probably mentioned this in a previous post, but I joined by local YMCA and have fallen in love with Zumba. I have had gym memberships in the past, but never really stuck because it got boring and repetitive. 
I wanted to get back into exercise when my primary care doctor told me that I should get active. I was in late my 20s at the time and she said exercise is good for heart health and overall health. I've always known that through the news, friends and family, etc, but when my doctor told me to my face, I took it seriously. 
I already have Lupus which is working against me. I need to work 10x harder to keep my health up. I joined the Y and found an exercise routine that has stolen my heart. I love music and I love dancing, put them together and it's a match made in exercise heaven.

NECKLACES

I was not much of a daily necklace wearer. I love necklaces, but I love statement necklaces that I wouldn't wear daily. 


A friend gave me this small, dainty heart pendant necklace for birthday and I have been hooked ever since on small simple necklaces.



( credit : www.target.com )

( credit : www.target.com )

( credit : www.target.com )


I have been eyeing these twoTarget necklaces ($19.99 each) for the longest time but I'm a cheapie (LOL) and couldn't fathom paying $20 for a cheapie necklace that would probably turn rusty over time. 
Then one day, I saw both of them on clearance for $9.98 and using my Target Cartwheel app, it was an additional 20% off making each about $16.
DEAL! LOL. I purchased both which totaled to less than one original piece :D

SNAPCHAT

I thought I would never give in but one of my best friends kept pushing it. Whenever we got together, she would tell me something new and I would say "What! You never told me!" and she would respond with, "Well if you had a Snapchat..." LOL. So I gave in and eventually learned to love playing with the filters. I must admit, I am not the most photogenic person, BUT Snapchat makes me look and feel pretty! LOL

Some of my favorite selfies:






(Waiting 10 minutes to remove my sheet mask)

ENGAGEMENT RING:



Words cannot even describe how over the moon I am! Self-explanatory :D

DOUBLE SHOT ESPRESSO OVER ICE (with milk + sugar)

I love coffee not so much for the caffeine but for the taste! My coworker and I love coffee and would together get our afternoon coffee. She has a long drive home after work and would always get the double shot espresso over ice with milk and syrup to keep her up. I tried it one time and became hooked! It's delicious! Tastes just like a latte for half the price. You can ask for the double shot in a grande/medium cup and put milk and a little bit of sugar (how I prefer it) and boom!! 

What were your Summer 2016 Favorites?? Are you ready and excited for Fall?

Fall is when the dark berry lipsticks start to come back and I anticipate I will be wearing those colors. A dark berry is my favorite color to wear and in my opinion looks best on me. 

Bring on the pumpkin everything! Fall, I am ready!!


Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment