Tuesday, September 6, 2016

LCSW Pampering + Fixing My Hair

Aloha everyone!

In my post last week, I mentioned that I passed my board exam to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Definitely an accomplishment in the world of social work.

And of course, I am the queen of celebrations and will celebrate anything big or small. Passing a crazy four hour exam definitely deserves some celebrations!

So what did I do right after my exam?

PERUVIAN FOOD
I had some Peruvian food with a former colleague. If you haven't had Peruvian food yet, ya'll must try!! Definitely delicious. I ordered aji de gallina for the first time and oh my oh my! It was really really good.

NAILS DONE
If you know me well, you know I am a nail person! I wish I can get my nails done all the time but it gets pricey yo. 
I treated myself to gel nails and finally found a baby pink that fits my skin tone. It's soooo beautiful! It's called "Rock N Rose" by DND. Love!! I can't stop staring :D

FIXED MY HAIR
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I had my hair done in July using balayage technique and I went lighter, much lighter than I have ever gone. The color was blonde-ish. After 3-4 weeks, the  color faded to a brassy and vibrant orange. Not the biz-naz! I went back to dark because that blonde-ish was definitely not the ish on me.

THE BRASSY ORANGE BEFORE:



THE BROWN AFTER:





I am very happy with the results! And I must say, it makes me look younger :D

The color is an ashy brown. My hairstylist asked if that would be okay and I said sure, I like ashy brown. She said this color will still fade, but it will not turn orange. PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME.

Darker is definitely more me, but I am happier that I gave the lighter color a try. Going bold like that is definitely out of my comfort zone and I'm totally glad I gave it a shot. 

Life is short. Just do it!


Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment