Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Haul: Kicks + Rite Aid + Ulta

I don't know what happened in the last week but I somehow managed to go to Lady Foot Locker (though this was planned), Rite Aid and Ulta and bought goodies! Some I needed and some I maybe kinda sorta impulse bought? >_<

Nike

I done did it you guys! I bought my first pair of Nikes! That probably has no grounds for excitement for anyone. At the age of 30, I finally got my own pair!

I am not a sneaker person. They make me feel like a boy so I hate wearing them especially if they are black. I need my sneakers to be something girly looking like pink or purple.

I never thought to buy Nikes because they are expensive and everyone has them. Part of me did not want to give in. I did not want to spend so much money to buy a name brand shoe. I'm not a name brand type of gal.

The more I became a Zumba princess (LOL), the more interested I became in sneakers and the higher my urge became in wanting Nikes. They come in such fun, bright GIRLY colors!

I FINALLY CAVED!!! And I feel no shame ;)








Nike Women's Free Flyknit TR 5.0 Training Shoe
The Pros:
- Color
- Lightweight : great for Zumba
- Flexible
- Purple! :P

The Cons:
- The shoelaces are practically ribbon. I need to replace them
- This black insert is kind of like partial sock. It sometimes gets in the way of putting on my shoe. It is very flexible so it's easy to step on when putting on the shoe.




Now, the makeup!

Wet 'N Wild Kohl Eye Liners


Top : 605A Don't Leaf Me!
Bottom : 610A Of Quartz

The green is a beautiful olive green / military green with shine. It applies evenly as you can see.
The purple was ehh. It was chunky. I even swatched it again hoping the first swatch was just warming up.

I swatched each of them again, but this time I wanted to just do a line. Again, the green swatched smoothly and perfectly. The purple was still chunky. Sucks.

Don't Leaf Me! on bottom line. It does not look green on the eyes which is a letdown. 

Of Quartz did show purple 

Both liners did not make it throughout the day even WITH primer. No traces of them at the end of my work day. It was like I didn't even put on liner. The green swatched beautifully but the color payoff wasn't the same on my eyes. Sad.

Essence Lip Liner + Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor



Top : Essence Lipliner in Satin Mauve
Bottom : Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in On The Mauve

Top : Essence Lipliner in Satin Mauve
Bottom : Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in On The Mauve

The essence lipliner is beauuuuuutiful. I was trying to find a matching color and the closest I could find in my time-crunch hunt at Ulta was the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in On The Mauve. It's actually a little darker in person and to my dismay, it has a shimmery, shiny finish. For now, I can just dab with a tissue to reduce shine.

Essence Lipliner in Satin Mauve

Ahhhh so beautiful!!! If only it came in lipstick form. The pencil gets used up pretty quickly needing a constant sharpening. I know this color is in demand when I grab the very last one. Luck was on my side that day! :D

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in On The Mauve

I was really hoping this lipstick was matte but it definitely isn't! It has a super sheen finish to it, almost shimmery but not quite frosty. I tried to convince myself that it would be okay, that all I had to do was dab it with a tissue to remove the top layer of shimmer...I eventually returned it.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in On The Mauve after dabbing

Lipstick over the liner + dabbing

Redkin Shampoo

Redkind Color Extend Shampoo + Condition

This was recommended by a friend. I had told her that my hair just kept fading to orange whenever I went lighter. My hair would fade to orange in 3-4 weeks. That is way quicker than it should. I can't really say if it works or not. I last got my hair done in late August and it has faded, but this time NOT orange as I got my hair dyed an ash brown. I like the lighter color it has faded to now so hopefully the shampoo will keep the color at what it is....is that what would happen??

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes


This was part of the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Steals. Original $24, sale $10. This is also the purchase (besides the shoes) that I was most excited about. I never buy purchase non-drugstore mascara when the drugstore has some really great ones.

The only downside to this mascara is THAT I LOVE IT. Not a good idea to fall in love with expensive things :(


<3

Revlon Precision Clear Lash Adhesive


At some point in time, +AprilAthena7 of Youtube's AprilAthena7 had mentioned this as her favorite lash clue and I had to get my hands on it. I use the ever so popular Duo glue but dang, that glue smells so bad, it feels wrong putting something that funky smelling on my eyes. Can't wait to try them!

Ardell Natural 109


I really did not need another pair of lashes, but they were there and they called out to me >_< I have tried Ardell Natural lashes before and loved them. I am not sure if 109 is the only set of natural lashes, but all I know is that the ones I tried were "Natural." Soooo....I just had too.


That's all for my haul. 

When I think about it, it wasn't too bad :D I don't think I went too crazy as the majority of my purchases are drugstore....right? Right?? LOL


Xoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment