Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My 7 Month Blog Dry Spell

Why hello there!

I've had quite the dry spell in the blogging world!! I haven't blogged since September of last year, about 7 months ago. Dang, that's almost a full term pregnancy.

When I last left off, a lot was going on in my life. 

The job that I love lost its funding so my team of 12 became dismantled. Many were placed in other programs within the agency, few were laid off. I was placed in a position where I had to take someone else's job due to seniority (union policy). It was awful! It was a difficult transition into my new job as my new colleagues had dearly loved the employee whose job I took over. I was not welcomed and had to give 200% to prove myself. And 7 months later, I am still trying to do so.

Not only was I starting this new job, I also had started a second per diem job at an emergency room on Saturdays from 3:30pm to midnight.

I, in a nutshell, started two jobs at the same time, trying to juggle both training schedules. 

Now that it's mid-April, I am finally [somewhat] settled. 

Throughout my blogging career, I've had many dry spells. As much as I love it, I am very bad at keeping up with it. It's just really hard to do so with two jobs and studying for my state board exam. I give props to those who can juggle all of life + blogging. 

I will try to keep up as much as possible. My following may not be large, and I'm probably the only one reading my blog (LOL), but I hope to find time to blog anyway. This is a form self-care and my own personal diary. It is quite therapeutic. 

Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment