Friday, October 11, 2013

Living in the Past: TV Edition

It's about 10pm on a Friday afternoon and I'm home watching Full House. Yes, I know. My life is hip happenin'. ain't it?
While I was engrossed in the episode, I received a phone call from a friend who asked what I was doing. I said, "Watching Full House." My friend goes, "What?"  "Full House," I reiterated. "Are you really watching Full House?" my friend asked. "YESSSSSS" I confirmed. "Wow, you need to get a hobby." HA.

WHAT A HATERRR is all I have to say!

Is it just me or do the shows of this day and age not have the same zing as shows from the 90s?
Boy Meets World, Full House, Sister Sister, Smart Guy, Family Matters, Step by Step, California Dreams, Hang Time, City Guys, Saved by the Bell, A Different World....These shows of the 90s are the ones that get me. Girlfriends, which came in 2000 is also one of my most all-time faves. 

I know in this day and age, Breaking Bad has been the must-see TV show. There's been so much talk about it lately since its series finale was a week or so ago. I saw the first two episodes on a mock date (long story) and have never gone back to watch more. I must admit, it was good (I think. Sadly, I can't remember much). With the exception of Glee, Modern Family and junk TV such as Breaking Amish or Keeping Up with the Kardashians (I know), I just can't get into the shows of the present. I am stuck living in the past.

At the very least, the past keeps me entertained...

(Picture retrieved from IMDB)

<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment