Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Haul: Mally Beauty + NYX Liners

Aloha everyone!

In the last few weeks I purchased a few pencil liners as I ran out of my purple and black liners. 

I don't really buy pencil liners as I am more of a liquid liner girl. The two pencil liners I had were from birthday freebies from Ulta or Sephora. 

I went to Ulta not knowing where to start. I was not sure which was good. The samples that I had were from Urban Decay which I loved but they were $22 each. NO THANK YOU!

I asked the beauty representative if there were any eyeliner sets that included a black and a fun color (hopefully purple). She led me to Mally Beauty where they had a trio set of eyeliners for $20, each individual piece costs $18. They were the Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner Trio.

Colors left to right: Milk Chocolate, Sailor, Midnight
( photo credit : www.ulta.com )

The set didn't have any purple which is an essential for my lower lash line when I do wear eye liner there. I found my way to the NYX Section searching for a vibrant purple. I found the NYX Slide On Eye Pencil in Pretty Violet.

Colors in different lighting:

From top to bottom: NYX Pretty Violet, MB Sailor, MB Milk Chocolate, MB Midnight)

From top to bottom: NYX Pretty Violet, MB Sailor, MB Midnight, MB Milk Chocolate)

From top to bottom: NYX Pretty Violet, MB Sailor, MB Milk Chocolate, MB Midnight)

THE VERDICT:
As you can see, the blue doesn't look totally blue. It's more of a midnight blue almost black.  The purple is gorgeous, but the true stars are the black and brown, especially the brown. The lasting power of the Mally Beauty is amazing. It's practically water proof.

THE CONS:
I wish the blue really showed up as a blue as I am sure it would be a beautiful color. Also, the lasting power of the Mally Beauty liners is so strong that I need 2-3 little cotton pads to take it off. I typically take off my make up with just face wash in the shower, but this does not totally come off in the shower. I need to cleanse my eyes before or after the shower. 

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. Although it's annoying to take an extra step to remove the Mally Beauty liners, I do love the lasting power.


May you all have a wonderful holiday season and happy shopping!


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment