Wednesday, November 2, 2016

UCLA Homecoming 2016

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if I have mentioned this already, but October 1 was my last day at my second job. I worked every Saturday night in a hospital ER from 3:30pm - midnight. I did this every Saturday for one year with the exception of 3 Saturdays. 

In that year, I have missed so many events and opportunities for social events, birthdays, adventures and of course, relaxation.

After my last day, I felt like I emerged from social hibernation.

On October 22, I went to my alma mater's UCLA Homecoming game tailgate with friends. That day, UCLA played the Utah Utes. Unfortunately, we lost 52 to 45. But that's okay! I love love love my Bruins win or lose!

And you know what! I HAD THE BEST TIME! 

It felt so good to not have to worry about going to work.

Also, if anyone went to college where football was a big deal, you would understand the culture of tailgates, especially a homecoming game.

Kickoff was at 1pm. I was up at 4:20am to be able to leave my house at 5am to meet my friend by 6am to arrive at the Rosebowl Stadium by 7am. You think that's early? Well, there was a long looooong line ahead of us!

My friends and I had the best time sipping on mimosas, having burgers, and chips and cookies. This was definitely not a day to be watching what we eat!

I am so happy I work just one job now. I look forward to enjoying my life again.  I look forward to being less tired and making more memories outside work. 

I am still living on the adrenaline of that day that I wanted to share some pictures. And sorry they are awkwardly cropped. I wanted to respect my friends' choice to not be published online. 

Mimosas



I wish I took a picture of my eye makeup. Definitely had some blue liner in honor of my school colors.

  
Found some Filipino Bruins two tailgates away! 

Special thanks to my sorority sister Michelle for the invite! And for making sure I always had shade due to Lupus.

It was such a great day! Still living in the moment <3


Xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment