Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday Spotlight: Elmer Abapo

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Another Sunday, another Sunday Spotlight.

Just to recap, last week, I started a new series on my blog called "Sunday Spotlight" highlighting artists whose talents, skills and masterpieces I have grown to love and enjoy. 

This week's Sunday Spotlight goes to Elmer Abapo.

I found him on Instagram but am not exactly sure how. You know it goes - you hit the explore page and one click turns into another click and another click and then boom, an hour goes by but along the way you found some amazing talent!

Elmer Abapo is no exception! His style his hip hop and R&B which are two of my main faves/go-to music choice. And on top of that, he can beat box. He performs mostly in Las Vegas where he lives and is actually Filipino American (hey hey, pare!)

The first song I heard from him was "OMG" which led me to one of my favorites, "Wasting My Time." When his album "Good Intentions" came out, I found other songs that I love. The energy in his music is upbeat and it is so easy to get lost in the rhythm. I have actually listened to his music on Spotify to get me through hikes and 5k races to keep me going and keep me pumped. Thank you, Elmer!

Here are some videos that I have reposted on my Instagram:

OMG 
First song I ever heard. This song got me intrigued and curious to hear more.

Wasting My Time
So he can rap AND sing!

Lights On
He can even sing live!

And he can beatbox

Cover of Childish Gambino's Redbone

Check him out on his different social media avenues. He is a definitely a talent to be acclaimed:
YouTube: ElmerAbapo
Instagram: @@elmer.abapo
Twitter: @ElmerAbapo

Go check him out and please let him know that I sent you. 

And please let me know of any artists you enjoy. I definitely want to take a listen or a look. Please share! :D


<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment