Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Spotlight: Jody Samascott

Happy Sunday all!

Sunday can be a bittersweet day for some. Sweet that it's the weekend, yet bitter it's the end of the weekend.

To bring some joy to the end of the weekend, I decided to start this new blog series called Sunday Spotlight highlighting artists whose talents, skills, and masterpieces I have grown to love and enjoy. 

Covers or originals, talent is talent. And I, for one, am one to recognize talent!

Here is my first Sunday Spotlight Songstress: Jody Samascott

If you know me, you know a huge piece of my heart wishes I was born in Hawaii (but I suppose, who doesn't?). I love Hawaiian island music and Hawaiian reggae. And I also love basically anything sung with a ukelele <3

Years ago, I was looking up Tarrus Riley's song "Superman" on YouTube and Jody Samascott's cover of the song popped up. Seeing "Ukelele" in her title I had to, of course, give it a listen and I was hooked. 

I grew to love her talent more and more as she continued to post videos.  I had often commented that I would love her to sing at my wedding one day.

And my dream came true! 

I started following her on Instagram @JodySamascott and started to interact with her more. 
She was really great with responding to those who enjoyed her music which made her personable and relatable. Always a plus!

Back to my dream coming true, I had told her I was serious about having her sing at my wedding. I jokingly asked if she happened to be in Los Angeles on October 7 and if she was, that I would be delighted to have her sing my first dance with my hubby. She had her own wedding to attend but was happy to provide me with the songs I wanted to dance to.

You can imagine my joy!

I had requested two cover songs: Latch by Sam Smith  (because my husband at one point requested this song for our first dance) and, of course, the most popular wedding song of the season - James Arthur's Say You Won't Let Go.

Enough of me babbling, here is the talent herself:

Tarrus Riley's Superman
First song I ever heard. I was hooked

Sam Smith's Latch
My first dance with my husband <3

James Arthur's Say You Won't Let Go

James Bay's Let It Go
I only added this song because her rendition is so beautiful. Well, they all are <3
But this one reminds me of something sentimental and moves me to tears each time I hear it.

Again, follow her on the different social media streams:
Instagram @JodySamascott
YouTube Jody Samascott
Twitter @JodysMusic 

And please let her know I sent you.

Check her out! You really won't regret it!

OH! And lastly, please share any talents you love! I love finding new artists.


<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment